Fellowship trained in Orthopaedic sports medicine
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Department of Orthopaedic Surgery in Boston
- Residency: Louisiana State University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery in New Orleans
— Awards and Recognition
- Recipient of 2008, LSU Department of Orthopaedic Surgery’s Robert D’Ambrosia Research Award
- Recipient of LSU Chief Resident’s Leadership Award
- Elected Member of the LSU Medical School Aesculapian Society
— Board Certification
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
— Professional Societies
- American Medical Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Louisiana Medical Society
- Lafourche Parish Medical Society
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
— Research/Experience/Community Service
Ellender P, Bruggers J, Sirmon K. Comparison of Surgical Site Infection Rates in Orthopaedic Trauma Patients between a Dedicated Trauma Hospital and a Community University Hospital.
Ellender P, Gomoll A, Minas, T. Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation for Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Knee. Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine: 18,2; 2008: 89-96.
Ellender P, Minas T. Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation in the Hip. A case report and technique. Currently in publication for Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine.
Ellender P, Harder A, Higgins LD, Sanosky B. Sports Medicine: Clinical Spectrum of Injury. Text book chapter, currently in publication in Rheumatology, 5th edition.
“OCD Lesions of the Knee” presented at Harvard Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Medicine Conference, March 16th, 2009.
“The Spectrum of Posterior Shoulder Instability” presented at Harvard Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Medicine Conference, January 12th, 2009.
“The Diagnosis and Treatment of Patellofemoral Instability” presented at Harvard Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Medicine Conference, October 20th, 2008.
“Comparison of Surgical Site Infection Rates in Orthopaedic Trauma Patients between a Dedicated Trauma Hospital and a Community University Hospital”. Presented at the Louisiana Orthopaedic Society, April 25th, 2008.
Outside of the office, Dr. Ellender enjoys time with his wife and children, cooking, hunting, fishing, golf and football.
— Appointments for Consultation
Patrick R. Ellender, M.D. is available to see patients at orthoLA in Thibodaux, Raceland and Houma. For an appointment, call 985.625.2200.