Fellowship trained in Orthopaedic sports medicine
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy with San Diego Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine
- Residency: Campbell Clinic with the University of Tennessee in Memphis
— Board Certification
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
— Professional Societies
- American Medical Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Louisiana Medical Society
- Lafourche Parish Medical Society
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
— Research/Experience/Community Service
Dr. Elias has participated in a variety of research projects and publications in orthopaedics and sports medicine. He also served as an instructor for arthroscopic surgery. Having worked with numerous high school, college and professional athletic teams including the San Diego Padres, Dr. Elias has extensive experience in treating athletic injuries. Dr. Elias also currently provides consultations for NFL players. Dr. Elias and orthoLA host a Pro Football Camp every year at Nicholls.
Outside of the office, Dr. Elias enjoys time with family, traveling, fishing, hunting and sports.
— Appointments for Consultation
David W. Elias, M.D. is available to see patients at orthoLA in Thibodaux, Raceland and Houma. For an appointment, call 985.625.2200.