- FELLOWSHIP: Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Southern California Orthopaedic Institute (SCOI)
- RESIDENCY: Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center
- EXTERNSHIP Australia as Chief Resident learning different techniques from surgeons abroad
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Louisiana Medical Society
- Lafourche Parish Medical Society
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Dr. Higgins participated in a variety of research projects and publications in both trauma and sports medicine. He also wrote a textbook chapter for shoulder arthroscopy. Dr. Higgins has extensive experience treating athletic injuries and has been credited as an instructor of orthopaedic surgery, teaching shoulder arthroscopy techniques to other orthopaedic surgeons. Dr. Higgins served as the team physician for several high schools and universities including the University of Oklahoma. He currently consults for a number of NFL players with injuries.
Outside of the office, Dr. Higgins enjoys time with family, fishing, jogging, hunting, golf and travel.
Appointments for Consultation
Jason A. Higgins, M.D. is available to see patients at orthoLA in Thibodaux, Raceland and Houma. For an appointment, call 985.625.2200.